Saturday, August 1, 2020

Friends of Unity August Sympathy

Friends of Unity
August
Sympathy

Sympany cards can be a challenge for anyone. They are usually done with a heavy hart. I hope that this hop inspires you to maybe create a few for your stash to have on hand or maybe when the time comes you can refer this FOU hop.


This first one is super simple. I saw an idea similar to this online and decided to give it a try. I didn't have any purple or colored embossing powder. I stamped it in ink and then used a clear with glitter embossing powder over it. I think it worked out ok. So... If you have a feather and a sentiment, you have a very quick sympathy card. Feather Flight is what I used along with May Hope Sustain You for the sentiment.


This next sympathy card uses Saved By Grace (created by yours truly). Many might see this cross as just an Easter stamp but it can be used for this purpose as well. I love that it reminds the recipient that there is enteral life through Christ bringing much needed comfort in a rather difficult time.


The sentiment is from the kit Girl Truly. That is one of my favorite Unity kits. Again I didn't have any colored embossing powder so I clear embossed over a mint colored ink.


I hope our Friends of Unity hop has left you feeling more confident with approaching sympathy cards. Make you you leave a comment on each of our blogs to be entered to win prizes. 

My winner from last month is.... Sue DJuly 5, 2020 at 6:25 PM
I like the patriotic paper for the chair and the star pillow.
Please email me at jeaniehays00@yahoo.com or message me through fb with your mailing address so that I can get your prize out in the mail!
Crystal O. Minkler (the beginning)

Alaine (you arrived here from)

Jeanie (You are here!)

24 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the simplicity of the feather card. I tend to make cards with lots of layers and can't seem to minimize the design. You have inspired me to take that approach with a set of thank you notes I have been struggling to design. Thank you for that! Also, thank you for the example of the other card where you used the cross for something other than Easter. Now I have another idea for that stamp. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, Jeanie! I love your CAS card... so beautiful! I love the sentiment stamped on kraft in the second... wonderful colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!!!!!!! I love the CAS feather design!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS CARDS! I really love the look of the feather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The feather card is perfect - simple, but gives a wonderful message.
    The second one is lovely too

    ReplyDelete
  6. The feather turned out beautifully in the color you were going for. And I agree, your cross stamp can be used for soooo many occasions. 2 very different and beautiful cards. ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these. The purple feather!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how that feather turned out! Sooo pretty. And the card is simply elegant. LOVE your beautiful cross and of course, your card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards...the first with the feather is just gorgeous..you do CAS very well, friend!! I love the iridescent look to the card

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know that I have at least one feather stamp and will have to pull it out soon. You're right that it makes the perfect CAS card design. The cross image is also ideal for more than Easter cards, and would make a lovely sympathy card as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing cards, my friend! I love the simplicity and colors of your first card and love the use of the feather. I hadn't thought of that. And your 2nd card is wonderful. I love that cross, sentiment, and beautiful colors you used. Just lovely. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards are so beautiful and I love the gold sentiment and glitter added to your feather on the first card. Love the pretty cross stamp on the second one too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love the simple elegance of the first card; so very pretty. And I love all the colors on the second card; so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The feather card looks
    amazing and love the
    design on the other
    card.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jeannie, your cards are lovely! I like to have a sympathy stash to save the stress & emotion of "having" to make one. This hop has been wonderful inspiration for building that stash. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such pretty cards! I do struggle to create Sympathy cards in the moment. Thanks for the inspiration to create some for my stash.
    - Doreen @ whereisyourhappyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both cards are so lovely! Always love your cross stamp on anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards. The feather turned out very nice. The cross is very beautiful and is a beautiful icon of amazing grace and a definate comfort for a sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such lovely cards, thanks for the inspiration!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such beautiful cards! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely cards! I really like the clean and simple design of the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The feather card is clean simple and beautiful. Really like both!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful sympathy cards. I like the simplicity of the feather card. I will send you an email with my info--thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

Growing In Unity Group Hop Oct 2020