Friday, July 31, 2020

Growing In Unity Day #5

Growing In Unity
Day #5


I'm ending my week with the beginning. 
This right here was my very first sketch Unity accepted and made into a stamp. 
Angela saw it in my Washi Horse fb group and said that it needed to be a Unity stamp. 
That just about made me the happiest gal on earth.


So what inspired the cross? 
When I sketched it I was wanting an Easter image that brought softness and elegance to the cross. This is what emerged. Everything here is organic yet is carefully put together. I wanted this cross to radiate beauty and to remind us of what a beautiful and generous thing Christ did for us when he went to the cross. 
Jessica Pickeral did the sentiment and font design for this set.


This means a lot to me because it reminds me of our purpose; to Glorify God. I pray before I sketch asking God to guide my hand and give me inspiration. That might sound strange to some of you but He truly does guide me. In this project above, the 'bible page keeper' I like to call it, I used a combination of Jane Davenport watercolors and Arteza fine-liner pens. The long strand of beads is from my oldest daughters bracelet that broke as a young child and I never had time to fix it. The one bead on the end belonged to my grandmother. That is meaningful to me because she used to drag me out of bed every Sunday morning for Church; I hated it at the time. It was she who planted the seed in my heart for the Lord. I will forever be grateful to her for that. I can still hear her voice singing in the car on the way to Sunday school. I miss her so so much. As you'll read below you'll understand the significance of using my oldest daughters beads.


So this... this is my life verse. I have needed time and time again to go back to this verse to help get me through. It's been my calm during so many storms of worry that I have for my oldest girl. (those beads on the 'page keeper' above remind me to pray for her on a daily basis). Just being real with you all here.

If you don't have a life verse, I encourage you to think about where you struggle and need help the most. Google that need or struggle... let's say it's worry... look up (verses about worry kjv). Read a few and write down the one that sticks out to you. When you start to feel those struggles just remember the verse. God promises his word will not return void.

I stamped the cross onto this vellum and then hand lettered my life verse onto it . When you don't have a Bible Journal, vellum is a great way to journal without writing or coloring over the Word. I used my Arteza fine-liner pens to color. The vellum already had splashes of color on it. I had found that at Tuesday Morning.


Remember to leave a comment on each of my blogposts this week and you'll be entered to win one of 2 -25 stamp grab bags from Unity.

I hope you've enjoyed my week and learning about the inspiration behind some of my sketches.

Scripture Art of John 3-16 KJV - Crimson Mixed Media by KJV Calligraphy




28 comments:

  1. Another Beautiful creation,I really enjoyed your week of beautiful creations ....You did an amazing job,LOVED them all.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful image! (It's on my wishlist.) Thank you for sharing. I truly believe all this... my 35 year d son recently said the same thing to me, "Thank you, mom, for dragging me to church all those years ago!" I've enjoyed your GIU week so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the book mark! You do amazing art work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jeanie, thanks so much for sharing your lovely work and your life with us. It is not strange to pray ( without ceasing) in everything you do; keep being a shining light for Him! God bless you!❤️ ( My life verse is Phil 1:6)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful testimony! We all need some light in these dark days. Thank you Jesus for being our light. I have this vellum paper but didn't really know how to use it. I love everything about this! Thank you for inspiring me and a beautiful reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have enjoyed your week as the Growing in Unity Girl, I took had a grandmother that introduced me to Jesus. I love this cross, I don't have it but just may head over to the Unity page and put it on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so special on sooo many levels, O But for Grace and the Cross! Love it thanks for sharing your week was and is so inspiring and to close it out with this❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty bookmark. Thanks for sharing so many great projects with us this week. I loved hearing how your images came to be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful design for your page keeper! I love the style of the cross, and so special to have those beads attached!
    Thanks for sharing your projects during your GIU week! I've enjoyed each one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So so pretty. Thank you for sharing your talent with us this week. I have enjoyed each day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So so pretty. Thank you for sharing your talent with us this week. I have enjoyed each day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your coloring is amazing!❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this cross stamp and the background story. You have had a great week. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is still my favorite image that you've had thus far! I've purchased 3 or 4 of these stamps and gave them to my friends and they loved them too! I have enjoyed all your posts this week! Keep praying for our Lord's awesome inspiration! You are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It’s been great to see your art turn into stamps. While I haven’t done any bible journaling, I really admire it as a form of prayer and art.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just gorgeous! Love this cross! Love the stories behind your sketches. Just beautiful! Thanks for a wonderful week of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing your inspirational week with us. This image is just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you. This has been a wonderful week of projects

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful stamp and beautiful story. Thank you for sharing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning project to close out the week. I love your style. Thanks for sharing such wonderful project

    ReplyDelete
  21. I didn't know this cross was your sketch. It has been on my wish list for awhile. It's truly beautiful. And I love your very pretty, and meaningful, project. It's been a lovely week of inspiration. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Truly a heartfelt and inspiring week! I just love the personal
    connection you have to the images and the creations. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have such a calming presence...and your stamps reflect that. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful Bible page marker, sweet verse, adore the stamp set and snatched it up right when it was released.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So beautiful! Thank you for sharing your art and your soul with us this week!
    Doreen @ Whereisyourhappyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous bookmark! It is wonderful to see religious creations! Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful bookmark. Thank you for sharing all you beautiful creations this week.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice way to end your week. I love that cross and used it in cards I sent to all the members of our congregation at the beginning of the COVID era when our church didn't have services in person. I look forward to more of your sketches becoming stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Growing In Unity Group Hop Oct 2020