Saturday, July 4, 2020

Friends of Unity July 2020 Paper Piecing

Friends of Unity
July 2020
Paper Piecing

I wanted to use my chair,my 2nd release with Unity, from the May 2020 KOM and celebrate the 4th as well. Why not? I made it happen! I don't really feel like I need to do a lot of explaining here because it's just a bunch of paper piecing. Snip-snip-cut-tape-glue-pop up-and stamp a little!


This Soldiers name is Charles Guy. But in my world his name is either Dominic or Pete ( I have two nephews serving). The frame is from a grab bag I received from Unity. Men willing to serve our country are the reason we get to have an Independence Day. So I can't help but take our freedoms and hold them close to my heart.


You could literally stamp this chair on any patterned paper and magic is going to happen! I used Brutus Monroe's patriotic Stars & Stripes paper pack and some random old leftover scraps for the background. The sentiment Forever Grateful is from the set Forever Greatful for our Freedom.


Stars of Worn are on the background and The star on this pillow is the Army star from Unity in America.

I hope you enjoyed my scene building with paper piecing!


Hop along with us and leave a comment on each blog to be eligible to win prizes. I will be giving away a surprise bag of random Unity sentiments.


28 comments:

  1. I love this Jeanie! Wonderful paper piecing! This could be most people’s house with the portrait of a loved one in service hanging over a comfy chair! Happy 4th!! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, Jeanie!! This is one amazing card!! So clever!!
    I agree, that the men and women serving are what makes America great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever scene, Jeanie! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right about stamping your chair on patterned paper! I just need to do it! Such an awesome card Jeanie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your chair look amazing - fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab combo of images to create this wonderful card, awesome tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this card!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting. Thanks for showing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the piercing
    on your card! It'a
    a fabulous scene.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome cards for the 4th of July! Love the images and papers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is just so cool! It's a gorgeous design and I love the slimline cards. I am 100% grateful to the men & women who serve our country and admire their bravery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love this paper pieced scene! It's so great and the star background sets it all off!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card! Your paper piecing is superb! I love the color combination choices too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the patriotic paper for the chair and the star pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great way to honor those heroes that make this country great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is so cool! I love everything about it...layout, paper, and the stamps you chose. Thanks to your nephews for serving our country.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is absolutely amazing as it tells a wonderful story. I love all the elements you brought together. I just finished a number of cards where I paper pieced the chair too. Thanks so much for your family's sacrifice with your nephews both serving our country and preserving our freedoms!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh such a GREAT card! Every thing that you have done on this card just flows together. Thanks to your nephew's for their service!πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  19. My husband is an Army Veteran and this card really spoke to me. It's just amazing. I LOVE that chair and want it in my house...but maybe not white with 3 sons (lol). But I love it! Thanks for designing it, so cool! Love all the details and patterns you used to create a cozy homey scene. It's just a wonderful card. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a truly fabulous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card and so appropriate for July. I have seen others paper piece that chair from the KOM; I just switched from SMAK to KOM and may have to go back and pick up that month's stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow!!!!!! So awesome!!!!! I love this!!!! ❤️❤️πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, I just love that you made masculine cards, and the patriotic theme is really great for the 4th of July! I especially like the stuffed chair with cushion.

    ReplyDelete

Growing In Unity Group Hop Oct 2020