Saturday, March 7, 2020

Friends of Unity March Hop

Friends Of Unity
March Hop
Designers Choice

You should have arrived here from Alaine's blog! Wasn't her work just fantastic!?

Here are two cards using an Angie Blom floral Unity stamp! It is from a past Kit of the Month, We can Rise 6/18.


These are the Spectrum Noir markers I used.


Vellum added some elegant softness to the gold embossed sentiment from Girl Truly.


Sorry about the lighting with my next card. I completed it last last night and I don't own a light-box. I usually use natural lighting for my pictures. This time I gold embossed the entire floral stamp onto watercolor paper. I used some Jane Davenport watercolor and just loosely blotted down purple and dark blue for the flowers and then green for the leaves. After it dried I added some more watercolor to make the colors deeper. "You bring beauty to each day" is from the Wild Florals kit.


I added a Gina Marie trim die to the edge to add some interest and make the purple stand out even more. I tried yellow but it just wasn't looking right.


I'll be giving away 5 random grab bag sentiments this month. Make sure you stop back next month to find out who the winner is. Next up is Joyce V! Be sure to check out her amazing work!

Jeanie (you are here)

29 comments:

  1. I have so many floral stamps from my 5+ years as a KOTM subscriber. I like your idea of using one as a background/border as you did on your first card. And the coloring on the second card is absolutely beautiful! Both cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just amazing, wow. I love gold embossing so classic and stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous coloring ❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!
    Doesn't look hurried either...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning water colouring, I love the result!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both just stunning! Your coloring is gorgeous. I LOVE the gold embossing and the gold sentiment on vellum. Takes the designs to a very elegant level.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are lovely
    and I love the purple
    card.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic colouring on both cards, love the repeat pattern on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both florals are soooooo pretty! The purple sure is Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that gold embossing with the purple watercoloring is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful ❤. Love the coloring on them. I need to case these 🙂😁

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards! I love your coloring. I have spectrum noir markers but I haven't been able to get them to blend right at all. You give me hope that maybe there is still a chance for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely cards....but the purple one is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful floral cards! Fabulous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous and wonderful!!! Loving the florals and your water coloring is amazing! I LOVE both of your wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the beautiful bright pink color you used for the flowers! It is so pretty and eye catching. It makes me excited to start gardening. Your coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vellum and gold embossing - winning combo here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty colors and I like the gold embossing and use of vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just stunning blooms. Love your coloring and designs. Just beautiful cards. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Flowers - you make me long for spring! That soft vellum is just the right touch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are beautiful! love love love the gold embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful cards! Love the flowers and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous cards, Jeanie! I just adore how you created the surrounding background on the first card, truly stunning! And the colors... wow! And the second card, such a simple design, but use of gold embossing, deep purple color and the die... just bring that card to life! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Growing In Unity Group Hop Oct 2020