Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Brutus Monroe Guest DT String Of Lights Shine On





Hello again Brutus friends! Today I will be sharing a colorful card with you. I just knew I wanted to use this cool paper that matched up perfectly to the String Lights stamp set. I knew that I wanted to use bright colors for the lights. Layers of lights is what ended up happening.


I adhered my Paper Studio lights paper to a white card base. The String Lights are stamped in archival ink and illuminated by using some distress ink blotted on with a stencil brush. Wink of Stella added some sparkle and some glossy accents finished off the bulbs to create a glassy effect. Next I used some foam tape to pop up the stamped image. It still seemed like it needed something so I pressed some distress ink onto my glass media mat and sprayed a tiny bit of water on it to make some matching watercolor. I used a brush to pick that up and specifically flicked it onto the upper left and lower right of the card to create more balance and get rid of void space.


I hope you have enjoyed my card as a DT guest. Happy stamping and crafting friends! 

I'm going to be 





































5 comments:

  1. I have the string of lights set!! I love them and your card is awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card! Love the way you made the lights glow! Pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card. Endless possibilities using the strings of lights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done! I love the way the light is glowing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card , love the string of lights ! Great job !

    ReplyDelete

Growing In Unity Group Hop Oct 2020