Saturday, May 5, 2018

Friend's of Unity May Hop

Friend's of Unity May Hop
Motherly Love

I didn't even understand motherly love or motherhood until I had my 1st daughter. It was then I started having flashbacks! Flashbacks of my mother saying...."You'll understand one day when you're a parent. I hope you have a daughter just like you!" Etc etc..


Motherhood is a verb, not a noun!!!

Yep! And now I do understand everything my mother was talking about and why she made certain decisions.  And payback is fierce! I was a bad teenager and I got paid back in full and then some.

I wanted to showcase this retro, tired but beautiful mama by embossing her in black. Alcohol markers were an easy way to add a pop of color to her apron. Can't you just imagine her shaking a wooden spoon?


A pink polkadotted gray piece of scrap paper and a pink doily, I found on clearance at Michaels for 30 cents for the pack, bring the card together.


Washi! Y'all know I love washi so I had to add some! The black washi is from Stampin Up and the pink and green is some random brand from Michael's. Dug thru my stash and found some green sequence to match the green washi!

Ok...so...here is my favorite part of the card! The "for real" stitching! First time sewing on paper! I love how it turned out. Now the question is....do I leave my machine out or put it away?



 I just love this Retro Unity Stamp!!!
Don't you?

Now for the really good part! The April winner by random draw for the grab bag of stamps is...
This card is gorgeous!!! Thanks for explaining it so well.
Denise- email me at jeaniehays00@yahoo.com with your mailing address to claim your goodies!

Eileen Mathys
Crystal O. Minkler
Robyn Jordan
Wynne Cochran Grob
Jeanie Hays (you are here)
Dawn Fields

15 comments:

  1. I love your sewing on the card! If you have room, leave the machine out. All the details on the card are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card! I love the whole design... the layers, the Washi, and the way that mama pops on the white cs... perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jeanie! I love your retro vibe! This card is awesome!!
    I love the colors, and OMGeee the stitching...WOW!
    Fantastic! I'd say leave out the machine, my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I needed the table for a teen art event that I'm hosting so sadly I put it away.😞 ...but happy to host the event. 😁

      Delete
  4. Jeanie, I love this! Love that you went with a retro vibe! Fabulous layout, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card! Leave the machine out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great retro looking card! I really like all of your embellishments...
    Many thanks, Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute and love your story about the flashbacks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely design, patterns, and colors. So great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card! I love the stitching! You've inspired me to break out of the sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the retro look of this card! And that PINK is perfect. Love, love, LOVE the for-real stitching... I've always wanted to try something like that, if only I knew how to work a machine. Or sew.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your stitching and the whole vintage feel of this card!

    ReplyDelete

Growing In Unity Group Hop Oct 2020