Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Inspired By Challenge Backyard Bbq

Hey y'all! Who doesn't enjoy a backyard bbq! I know I do! Especially if it means getting my husband to do the cooking! 

So... I wanted to play along with the Inspired By Backyard Bbq challenge! 


I was just going to make a card but then I decided to make something I'd actually get to use when we bbq for the 4th of July.

I found some old denim paper I got at Wal-Mart a long time ago and wrapped it around an old Atlas food jar (upcycling). Some cut and pulled burlap gave it some more texture. The star medallion in the middle is from Unity's Ragged ol' Flag. The little stars were cut with dies that I had found at a thrift shop.

I decided to keep this simple and not add any more because it will be outside on my back porch. My kids will play with it I'm sure.

Ok yeah...so by the time I typed this my 3 year old pulled out the little flag and all the red shred! Uggg!




3 comments:

  1. Jeanie, I love this altered jar. I see, someone got a jump start on it. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha...yeah... I yelled at her to stop and then she ran away.

      Delete
  2. This is perfect! I love the upcycling, the bit of burlap... everything! Thanks for playing at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete

Growing In Unity Group Hop Oct 2020