Saturday, June 2, 2018

Friends of Unity June Hop

Friends of Unity
June Hop
Masculine is the Cue!

King of the Porcelain Throne


For some crazy reason when given the cue, masculine, the first thing that came to mind was a toilet. 

Ah Crap! is the name of the Unity kit!



Maybe it's because my husband spends so much time on one (really escaping the kids and on fb) or because I can recall my dad's famous throne of vomit-green porcelain? idk but i do know that my husband would throw a fit if I included him in on this one so I decided to replicate my Dad's throne with paper.



Ya'll think I'm weird right?! Well, it's just my memory folks. I remember dark paneling and some weird fake brick flooring. That 70's fuzzy rug was there too. I can still remember my frugal father saying, "one for pee, two for poo!" Who does that?

I thumbed through my green paper until I found one that rang true to my memories. I embossed the toilet with gold just for the 'throne' effect (wasn't there in real life) or was it? Then brushed a thin layer of glossy accents to give that porcelain look.

Spectrum Nior markers were great for making the toilet paper look more 3D. 

Paper piecing brought the tiny plunger to life.



I can't figure out what sentiment to add so help me out here. Which do I add? Pick your favorite and write it in the comments. I'll randomly choose 1 winner and you'll get some grab bag stamps from me (announced on next month's blog post. Be sure to check back). Remember to claim your prize within one month of the announcement.

Don't forget...Crystal is doing a giveaway too!

Eileen Mathys
Amber Trubiak
Robyn Jordan
Crystal O. Minkler
Dawn Fields
Jeanie M Hays ( you are here)



24 comments:

  1. My pick is "same day...different crap." This would be perfect for my son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanie, your post had me cracking up! Love all the details included in this card. Fabulous job! I like, ‘to my stinker.’

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Love it, you did a fantastic job on making your card realistic looking! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha!!!! I have laughed so hard and walked through the whole house showing everyone this hilarious as crap card (pun intended....LOL) OMG this is so funny!!! And creative!!! As for sentiment. I would go with my all time favorite...... different day, same crap. So so funny. Thanks for the laugh!!! I’m going to go make a glass of milk out of my avocado color refrigerator....LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading your comment made me smile! Glad you liked it and that you got a good laugh.

      Delete
  5. I like the "different day, same crap" saying. Thanks for sharing.
    Lisa Busch

    ReplyDelete
  6. "To my stinker".... great for Fathers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So funny. I love your coloring and design. My favorite sentiment is "thanks for putting up with my crap." Thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! I love everything about this card. My choice would be Thanks for putting up with my crap. Thanks for the giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is hysterical! I love the story behind the design...but the 3D effect is amazing. I would probably use the "Thanks for putting up with my crap!" sentiment since it could be sent to just about anyone...even your husband if he finds out that you were talking CRAP about him on your blog post...lol! Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how fun this card it. I would probably add the sentiment when you need to use the card. That way you can pick them perfect one

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG - this whole entire post cracks me up!!! I can't stop laughing at the Dad humor. And the memories of that bathroom are priceless, I am sure :) Great card, Jeanie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! My dad would totally appreciate this card too! So “thanks for putting up with my crap” seems appropriate to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card made me smile! Thanks for putting up with my crap would be my choice. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I use this set often. Unity has another set and in it is a Stamp that says “Congratulation on your new poop machine” , I used it on a new baby card, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahaha, this made me laugh Jeanie!! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahaha, this is funny! I would have to choose "To my stinker" 😄 Love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my !! That’s such a funny card ! But it’s hard to choose a sentiment, many are hilarious... I’m gonna say the “Thanks for putting up with my crap...” !! 😂
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think my favorite had to be the blue and silver wreath card. It's just beautiful. I do like the gold vintage card as well, but the blue and silver combo is absolutely gorgeous!
    --Phaline Mays

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, how cute. This would definitely not be a card to send to everyone, but we all have those who would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. AWESOME HILARIOUS CARD!!! I agree with you I do remember the bathrooms back then! I think you should use the sentiment Thank you for putting up with my crap!!

    ReplyDelete

Growing In Unity Group Hop Oct 2020