Thursday, July 30, 2020

Growing In Unity Day #4

Growing In Unity
Day #4
Here's the Scoop!

I'll tell you about the process of this slimline card before the inspiration behind the stamp.
 This stamp is actually smaller than what is pictured here. It only has 3 scoops of ice cream rather than the 5 shown (I'm not counting what is shoved down into the cone). This was super easy to increase the stack. All I had to do was stamp twice and cut out the scoops I wanted to add.


I used Neenah paper and Gina K Amalgam ink. I find that these work best with the Spectrum Noir alcohol markers. I just used two colors for each scoop to keep it simple. One for the main area and one to darken the edges. 

This slimline die is from Kraftgali. You get a very nice set of stitched 2 in 1 dies. You get 3 different sizes plus two more for sentiments. The price is fair and shipping affordable. No I don't work for them. Lol


I used some Glossy Accents on the cherry and on the sprinkles that are on the waffle cone. You can kind of see them below.


Now to give you the scoop on the inspiration. Every week my girl and I go grocery shopping at our favorite Amish store. They have an ice cream counter with Amish made ice cream of course. I basically bribe Eden with ice cream to behave in the store while I shop. So on our way out, if she behaves, we both get an ice cream. They stack these cones very high. I actually have to ask them to NOT stack it so that she doesn't make a mess. They would have stacked hers 3 times as high and it only costs $1; any higher and its $2.


Eden's favorite flavors include anything pink. ha! My favorite flavor is pistachio. FYI...this isn't helping my waistline....at .... all. 


So here's to summer ice cream cones stacked high!!!

You can get this stamp in the Unity July 2020 Kit of the Month LIFE IS BETTER IN FLIP FLOPS. I have some more stamps in that kit too that you can check out. The beach girl and the flip flops are mine. I also helped come up with some of the sentiments to accent those stamps.

Comment on each of my blog posts this week to be entered to win one of 2 -25 stamp grab bags from Unity!



30 comments:

  1. Mmmm! The card is pretty, and your happy daughter and your Amish scoops made me smile! :) Now, I want some ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. and your girl is so cute. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this stamp ,your card is so beautiful,and yes now time for an ice cream cone .....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! I’m an ice cream freak so this set is a must for me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ♥️this card!!!! I’ve been eyeing that new ice cream stamp!! Thanks for the amazing inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring is amazing!! Love this card, makes me want to go for cone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your ice cream card and story!❤️ Ice cream is at least semi healthy.๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another amazing card, and I love the ice cream photos! Your daughter is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a deliciously sweet card!! I absolutely love your inspiration stories connected to each project. I feel like they should be their own little memory vessels with the photos inside. I’ve made cards specifically for that purpose for myself, a blend of scrapbooking and greeting cards. They’re much more intimate and space saving too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun! Great coloring! Now I want ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome image and love how you added more scoops to the top for a slimline style! Beautifully colored too! That cone looks edible!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this post about ice cream and your sweet girl pictured with it! I like workable stamps like being able to add more scoops! After all when it comes to ice cream, the more scoops, the better! Unless you are cleaning it up that is! LOL Is this stamp available as acrylic mount or rubber??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is available in red rubber. thank you for the kind words.

      Delete
  13. Super fun card! I love that you have of story for your stamp inspiration. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW I want some! That card looks good enough to eat! So beautiful looking!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, now I want some ice cream! I also love pistachio, and also mint chocolate chip. Your card is darling! That's a nice kit and love the beach girl.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pistachio must be amazing - I have never tried it. Great card BTW

    ReplyDelete
  17. That card made me hungry for ice cream, then when you mentioned the Amish ice cream it sent me to the freezer๐Ÿ˜…. Your daughter is adorable! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yummo! Now I want ice cream too! Great card, love the colors and design, and all the scoops. Just awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're making me want ice cream! It is just perfect! Ice cream is good for us! Dairy!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun card! Love the slimline format and those stacked up scoops... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Perfect stamp for a slimline card - especially with the added extra scoops! Love it! And the cute part about Eden and the ice cream inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your ice cream is literally popping off your card. Yummy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good enough to eat๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  24. I volunteer at a Furniture Bank, on the way home I treat myself to ice cream - especially in the heat and humidity we are experiencing in Ct this July. I love this cone, and the smile on your daughter's face is probably as big as mine when I treat myself to ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful ice cream cone that anyone would adore! Your Amish store is a lot cheaper than mine! $2.95 a single scoop!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG!!! Perfect summer card. Love that you went bold with your colors. I would take that bribe any day of the week

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awwwwww..... I can't wait to do this one. Love ot!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this card!! (And ice cream, too!)
    Doreen @ Whereisyourhappyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Growing In Unity Group Hop Oct 2020