Wednesday, July 29, 2020

GIU Day #3


Growing In Unity
Day #3

It's a bookmark!
Thanks So Mush, size is perfect for this type of project (and also slimline cards). The sentiment is from Cuddlebug Dragon.


Arteza watercolor brush pens made this a snap! The splatters help add to the organic feel. I chose these colors because I wanted an earthy yet magical look. The colors are not natural in context yet not crazy either. It is somewhere in between and that is exactly where this little mushroom world is. Polka Dot Orchard  hand dyed crinkle ribbon paired perfectly. I just folded over the one end of the paper and tied the ribbon around it.




So now for the part about the inspiration behind the stamp! 

Do you remember what it is like to imagine like a child? Do you remember what it is like to let your imagination create another world? My sister and I used to spend from sun up until sundown outside... in the woods. I can't believe we weren't eaten up by a bear or some fantastic wild animal. I wasn't much of a girly girl. We would build forts and have stick-sward fights. But none the less we were in our own world having magical adventures.


Fast forward many years. My own children are the ones running through the woods and imagining other worlds to reside. My girl is partly tom-boy and also girly girl. She loves dirt, fairies and gnomes. She is always creating her own adventures to take her brothers on. When we find a mushroom in the woods she is convinced it is a fairy umbrella. This stamp was inspired by her imagination and her love of fairies and the world in which they live.

Leave a comment on each of my blog posts this week to be entered to win one of 2-25 stamp Unity grab bags.

Hope you enjoyed stepping into Eden's little mushroom fairy world.

35 comments:

  1. Your coloring is amazing! Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, I love your coloring on this magical village. What will tomorrow bring?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable - love the design and coloring and the ribbon tie is over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just keep creating those beautiful pieces. Just wowzer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable. It IS magical .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the colors you used so much. It is truly a magical card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just purchased this set and will need to get it inked up now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card! Your colors are perfect. I just got this set in my order last week, and I'm anxious to ink it up. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A bookmark is a great idea for this stamp. The colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your magical bookmark with it’s lovely ribbon! I had just been thinking all it needed was a gnome when I scrolled further and saw your gnome garden photo.😁 My friends and I had a similar childhood making tiny swings and gathering seeds for food for the fairies. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Your coloring is fantastic! And now I need to check out the Arteza line! :) Your artwork is really beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is sweet. When the stamps were released, I was putty in your hand. Had.to.have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooo, I love it! Just got this one!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. L*O*V*E the gorgeous colors you used and colored so beautifully, too. This is fabulous. Loved reading your fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely adorable! I would love to visit that magical in-between place. Your kids are having an incredible childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute and so pretty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute bookmark! This set is on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable bookmark! I love the way you colored these mushroom houses!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Bookmark! I really love the color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic colours for your cute mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely love the colors on this bookmark!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I too grew up playing in the woods. So fun! And this mushroom village is just darling and so sweet to take Edens joys and turn them into stamps. Just precious. Love this color combo and design. Such a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Our imagination can be so magical! So awesome that you have taught your daughter to use her imagination and now she's inspiring your sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh how pretty. Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh how pretty. Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the color scheme in this one!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card! Love the color palette! Makes me think of gnomes and their gardenns!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very cute and beautifully colored as always with Jeanie's work!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely love this. I wasn't a girly girl either. Raised in the country, loved exploring the woods. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the cool color scheme for your bookmark. I just got this stamp set in my last order and can't wait to put it to use. Another great story behind the illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a prefect bookmark to hold your place. Do you remember the smurfs? This book mark reminds me of them.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love this one so much! I had not ever gotten into the mushroom images I have rec'd in my kits over the years beacuse I had no idea how to color them. You have given me so much inspiration! I thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the vibrant magical colors. I don't think I've seen this stamp, It is super fun. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Growing In Unity Group Hop Oct 2020