Monday, July 27, 2020

Growing In Unity Day 1


Growing In Unity
Day 1

 This year I have started the journey of being an Artist for Unity. I feel so blessed to have this opportunity; feeling so much love from the Unity team and my crafty friends. Jessica Pickeral has helped me so much by being the gal behind the scenes. She does all of my rending of images and sentiments for me. We put our heads together for sketch ideas and sentiments. I am truly grateful for the help and encouragement she and Angela have given me.The flowers added to this image were Angela's idea! This bird is featured in the June 2020 Kit Of The Month.

This week I wanted to challenge myself as well as give you all a little background info about the stamp images


First lets chat about the project. 
I have to admit that no line coloring terrifies me for some reason. So... I decided to try it. I figured if it didn't turn out right I'd just trash it. I surprised myself with this one. I didn't even realize that the versa mark would kind of collect the color giving me the lines I very much craved. I used watercolor pencils which made it even easier. I was able to go back and add more color after it dried. If you haven't tried no line water-coloring I suggest trying with watercolor pencils.


If you know me at all you know I have a thing for birds. I grew up raising chickens so it was only natural for me to want them later in life. I get fresh eggs daily and I just love it. But of course...this is not a chicken. lol. I love other birds too. I have feeders set up so that I can sip my morning coffee on my back porch and enjoy them. 


This sketch was referenced after the Eastern Phoebe. Although usually gray I decided to paint it blue. According to All About Birds The Eastern Phoebe is a plump songbird with a medium-length tail. It appears large-headed for a bird of its size. The head often appears flat on top, but phoebes sometimes raise the feathers up into a peak. Like most small flycatchers, they have short, thin bills used for catching insects.


I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit about the inspiration behind this stamp. I also hope that it encourages you to create and try something new.

Comment on each of my GIU blogposts this week and you'll be entered to win a huge 25 pack of grab bag stamps directly from Unity!  

Thank you so much for your support friends!

39 comments:

  1. Your Day one card is SO Beautiful.looking forward to see your daily cards this week....Love this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Looking forward to spending the week with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So soft and pretty!!! You totally rocked the no line coloring. Congratulations again on your work with Unity!!! It is so nice to see your beautiful sketches become red rubber stamps! ❤️😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. During this time of quarantine, I have enjoyed the birds that visit my yard more than ever. This sweet bird you have created is colored so lovely, and I know it will lift the spirits of whomever might receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chubby little birds, your bird is especially precious to me because my 95 year old bird loving neighbor just died, so seeing your bird was like seeing her. I have never tried no line coloring but thanks to you, maybe I will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You’ve encouraged me to try some no line coloring. It’s scary for me too. I’m looking forward to seeing your projects this week. You’ve started out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. No line coloring scares me too. Actually all coloring. Need more patience. 😂

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Birds are so fascinating and love to watch. We have a deck where I have a hummingbird come and buzz my face if his feeder is not out yet or empty, 🤣🤣🤣. When he does, it scares me if I don’t see him first.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute little bird! Like others have stated, no line coloring scares me, too... but you've inspired me to give it a try this week. I love your art and so looking forward to your GIU week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also have a thing for birds and the hubs calls me a bird nerd! lol I have feeders outside my craft room window so I'm watching for them all the time. It can be quite distracting! Your card is just darling and I love the no line coloring you did.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet image for your card, and your no line coloring looks great! I have a pair of flycatchers that hang around my yard, so I appreciate birdwatching too! Also a few hummingbirds, and onein particular that I call Mr. Big. He's a bit of a bully and chases off any other hummingbirds that try to land on 'his' feeder.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! I love this little bird and think I'll try your idea for the no-line coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a darling little bird! May have to make a leap and try no line!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you have nailed the no line colouring - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. You are so talented. Love this little birdie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your no line coloring turned out great. Love the softness of the image. I too am intimidated with the no line coloring. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful palette on this design and the no line effect is fabulous. It's great to step out of our comfort zones.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations and best of luck on your artist journey, sweet friend! You're uber talented. Love this little bird, love the colors, and your no line coloring is amazing! A wonderful card. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so happy that you are now an artist for Unity! What an honor! Congratulations Jeanie! This card is so sweet. I love its softness.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is adorable. Awesome no line coloring Wish I could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful! No line coloring intimidates me but maybe I’ll try with the watercolor pencils and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have this stamp and haven't used it yet. You did a fabulous job with it. I really like the blue. Thanks for telling us about the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a pretty card! You've done a fabulous job with the no line coloring! I've been wanting to try it, myself but I'm scared to! Thank youu for the encouragement and motivation to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the way this bird came out. I’ve been afraid of no line coloring myself. I bought the supplies and just need to do it. Thank you for encouraging the rest of us

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your soft little bird card is so sweet! We enjoy watching the birds here too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How beautifully done! Love this image and your no line watercoloring! I have to give it a try- I love seeing beautiful birds!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the softness of this card. You're no line work is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are amazing at coloring. That bird. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love that you are creating art for new stamps. I have tried no-line a couple of times, but will try the watercolor pencils as this image turned out really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  30. How wonderful to be able to collab with other artists to bring your ideas to life as a stamp for others to enjoy! Your card is so pretty! I'm looking forward to your week as a GIU artist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I’m so excited for your artist journey! I just love birds and have Phoebes here in California too. They seem to claim territory so I have one that is always in our yard swooping down to catch low flying bugs. We also had one at our old house and he was always swooping around the pool and sometimes taking a dip himself. Lol! They have such fun personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  32. AWWWWWWWWW what a precious looking bird! I really love how you colored him.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I’m scared of no-line coloring 🤣 but yours is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely card and fabulous job with the no-line coloring. It must be so cool to see your images turned into red rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  35. That little bird was just waiting to be turned into a sketch. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very pretty, you are very artistic

    ReplyDelete
  37. Jeane, I love your little bird. I have not tried no line water coloring yet. I love the results of it, and your little bird is just so cute. I did not know that these birds were fly catchers, so I learned something, too, today!

    ReplyDelete

Growing In Unity Group Hop Oct 2020